Bleach it

I mentioned in my previous post that the cabin did not just have cosmetic issues working for it. One such problem was mold. There was mold in the crawl space and the attic. Do you think we hired a professional to deal with this? Hell no. We talked to someone who preforms mold mitigation and learned how to do it ourselves. 

I did the crawl (the only space of the cabin I hate) and Jose took on the attic. 

Essentially we wore 78 face masks (which we had on the ready, thanks COVID!) and cleaned the mold spots then sprayed them with some bleach mixture Jose made using a garden sprayer from Ace Hardware until the mold was gone and we felt like we were going to pass out and/or die from bleach fumes. Then we sealed it I think. 



Project notes-

Duration: about 3 hours
Medication: The bleach did the trick here.
Reflection: I was too high from the bleach fumes to remember much of this.
Recommendation: This was not super hard, but probably not super safe either.
$$$: under $50

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Garbage People

We broke the budget

Da Beams