The why....

Some might think it is a little reckless to take on a second mortgage when you don't really have all that much money to begin with, but here is why we decided it wasn't the worst idea...

Manfriend and I had quite a lot of money in our savings account. Now I am no financial expert or anything, but I am pretty sure anyone would tell you that is dumb. So instead of investing it in stocks or gold deplumes or something, we figured real estate made sense for us. We can put the money into the cabin that would have otherwise gone into our savings and we also get to use it while (hopefully) the value increases.

We also feel like it is a fairly safe bet. The Colorado real estate market is bananas, that will of course change at some point, but for now, we feel confident we could sell the cabin tomorrow and make a few bucks. The reason we were even able to have our offer accepted and get the cabin for under a bazillion dollars is it needed SOOO much work.   Since we are doing almost everything ourselves we are saving buckets. We expect our rehab budget to be around 20k and estimate we could sell the cabin for at least 70k over what we paid once it is renovated. Now these numbers are pretty much shots in the dark, but they help me sleep at night. 

But the real why is, the little town where the cabin sits, is the best place on this planet. We have traveled all over the world and I swear there is no place I would rather be (other than maybe Paris, I would always rather be in Paris). Our property while only an acre butts up to national forest so we have hundreds of miles of hiking trails right out our front door. The town is so sweet! It is tiny as can be with only a general store, a bar, a food truck, a hostel, three shops, and two dispensaries. It is all you really need! There is a ton of fascinating mining history, I find moose poop on my lot and see moose every weekend (none on the property yet but I know it's coming!), we are 16 miles to bougie ass Breckenridge, and we are so happy and at peace the second we arrive. It is legit beautiful and the stars will blow your mind. 


The before, she was a cutie as she was, but wait until I make her over


Chillin like a villain on the deck before we destroyed it

That is moose poo!!!! On my lot!!!






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Garbage People

We broke the budget

Da Beams