Out with the old!
Both Jose and I love to cook, so a nice kitchen is a must for us. The one in the cabin when we bought it was not up to our snuff, so as soon as we decided on new cabinets and had them in hand, we ripped that bad boy out.
I worked on the backsplash the same weekend I got drunk on monkey beers and started tearing out the fireplace brick. I managed to get it all out on my own and only added about 6 holes to the wall.
![]() |
| no more faux brick for this kitchen! |
I was actually able to find someone to take the cabinets which was great because they didn't just get thrown away and we didn't have to deal with throwing them away, but bad because when ever you give something away on craigslist, you really get what you pay for in terms of the people who take the free things...I got in a minor fight with the taker, but in the end after we made up the cabinets were gone. It is pretty crazy how little is actually holding up your cabinets, so removing them was a piece of cake.
![]() |
| bye brown cabinets! |
After the cabinets came out, Jose fixed all the holes I made in the wall and added hardy board.
![]() |
| ready for the new cabinets Sneak peek of the new cabinets |
We timed things out pretty well so we only had to go without a kitchen for one weekend. Being a pandemic and a small town and all, the restaurant options are limited, so we did what we could to keep things working or semi working, you guys know I need my snacks.
The cabinet removal all happened on a Saturday morning and after they came out we had a totally blank slate to work with.
![]() |
| if you've never done dishes in the bathroom or basement, you can't really call yourself a DIYer |
Project notes:
Cost- $0 (i love demo)
Drinks- It's not rocket science to remove cabinets so drink up!
Lessons learned- I don't really like dealing with craigslisters.





Comments
Post a Comment