Paint it Black
I did not hate the look of the cabin when we bought it. In fact I quite liked it.
![]() |
| ze cabin before... |
But then....Pinterest.
So I quickly decided I would paint it black!
I found the color I wanted pretty quickly, Benjamin Moore Black Forrest. I did grab a few dark greens to test just to be sure I was ready to take the plunge, but ruled them out as soon as I saw black beauty.
![]() |
| I always buy paint samples, I like to see my colors in the flesh not a paint chip, and the tiny jars are the cutest ever |
Before we could paint we had to do a bunch of work to the exterior. We removed the shutters and planks on the top of the cabin, replaced the siding where we had cut it out to replace the rim joists, along with a bunch of other places, and we power washed. This took us about a day and a half if memory serves. We also decided to replace the existing doors with new ones that had windows so we could see the trees! Now there are windows almost all the way around the front and side of the cabin which I love.
![]() |
| I removed all those plank things from the top of the cabin. I am pretty afraid of ladders and was pretty drunk so it was an adventure |
Then we got to painting. We jammed to music, drank some beers and finished almost all of the painting in one day. We were a tad bit short on paint when we got to the front of the cabin, so we went to the local Ace Hardware and finished the painting on a Sunday. We had to head back to the city before it dried but were super excited about the results when it was semi-dry.
![]() |
| Dang you look good...or do you? |











Comments
Post a Comment