Shed Makeover
For most of the cabin we are trying to do a quality job with a small budget, for the shed however we decided to just slap some lipstick on a pig.
The cabin came with a shed, or a few pieces of particle board nailed together that has a door like part on front might be a more accurate description. I am sure at some point we will build a legit shed with a foundation and a real door and all the bells and whistles, but right now we just need somewhere to protect stuff from snow and bears. For reals, I found bear prints on the shed and squealed in excitement, but they steal tools and picnic baskets I hear so we need to keep the shed locked.
![]() |
| before. sorry for the photo quality, I was on the vodka that day |
The shed makeover was a really simple project and we even had friends visiting to help us with it. We bought some of the siding and trim we used to patch up the exterior of the cabin and attached it to the sides, we then painted it all the same color as the cabin.
The overhang of the shed threw us for a loop at first but then I decided to take a bunch of the scrap wood from the deck and nail it on to make a little accent to all the black. I really like how it turned out.
![]() |
| I'm calling OSHA |
The shed's interior is currently a hot mess because Jose, but I plan to get my hands on it and organize every tool and nail and color code it all when he isn't looking.
![]() |
| Please ignore the weird metal box to the right that the previous owner left us, it is where we hide the bodies |
Project notes:
Cost- $250 (i think) we had the paint and wood already, all we had to buy was the siding and trim
Drinks- It was a warm day so my helpers and I were on the vodka soda train
Duration- 1 day




Comments
Post a Comment