The drunkest construction to date

We bought beds for the cabin almost right away. After about a month of sleeping on an air mattress we remembered we are old folk and went to the bed store in Breckenridge. We were able to get a bunch of mattresses on sale (I think mattresses are always on sale, kind of like Kohls) and I managed to score a bunk bed frame on Facebook marketplace. The beds were the only furniture we had aside from camp chairs for quite some time.

After a few weeks of living with the bunk beds, I decided I didn't like the tone of the wood, so I bought some stain at the Depot. Then came a Friday night when Jose was working on the floors and didn't give me a project...


If I don't have a project I just start drinking. After several brewskis, I decided the time had come to stain the bunk bed! Now, I am not the most careful carl to begin with, but give me a few drinks and all caution goes to the wind. I did lay down some sheets and cardboard before I began but that was where the smart thinking stopped. Next thing I knew there was stain everywhere, including my entire body and the freshly painted walls. I didn't let the mess stop me and kept chugging along. 

at some point I ran out of moose drool and switched to high life


The next morning I awoke in a slight fog to find a poorly stained bed and lots of splatters on the walls. 

Luckily the drips on the bunk aren't noticeable and the walls need to be touched up anyway, but I will probably drink a tad less next time I stain anything.


more room for activities


Project notes-

Cost- for all the beds and stain about $1,500. The mattresses were on super sale and the bunk frame was only $100 used

Drinks- I was on the moose drool, it is my go to cabin beer

Lessons learned- stain takes a real long time and a lot of scrubbing to get off you skin. It also bleeds right through clothing.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Garbage People

We broke the budget

Da Beams