A whole new loo

The bathroom at the cabin was really not so bad! The tile while not exactly what I would have picked is in great shape, and the vanity was even in decent shape. That said, I cannot resist an opportunity to spend money and make Jose work, so we decided to give it a little facelift.


Some before shots..

We are leaving the tile as is, but ripped out the vanity, mirror and lights. We had big plans of finishing this makeover the weekend of the fourth of july, but ran into a little snag, so I will share the final product in a few weeks. 

First thing was the vanity, I selected a white shaker vanity at the Depot that matched the new kitchen cabinets. I also found a sweet reclaimed wood mirror at a little shop in Denver. Next I bought a new toilet seat, light fixture, faucet, towel racks, and of course the fun stuff: towels and shower curtains from JoJo Gains at Target.

The demo was a synch, and we had the old vanity and mirror out in no time. But when we went to install the new one we realized I forgot to get the vanity top...

out with the old


In my defense it was not the original vanity I was eyeing (which came with a top). So we installed it because who the hell wants to put it back in the box and return it for the right one.. We have the old top and faucet on top until Jose is back in Colorado from his work trip and can install the new one (which I just bought with Fred this week).

Snag two, I neglected to measure the toilet seat and it is a weird long one, so that was not able to be updated. And three, the light fixture requires a special bulb which I have yet to be able to find, so it looks a little janky right now.

new curtain

vanity sans the white counter top

So we have an almost updated potty, and I am really happy so far! Next up, the vanity top/faucet, toilet seat, light bulbs (I might even tackle that one alone), and maybe some shelving. I will share the cost info, when it is all said and done and I find out how much these GD light bulbs are going to cost us.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Garbage People

We broke the budget

Da Beams