Nothing says freedom like a washing machine
After a long hiatus on cabin projects because Jose went to live as a sister wife in Utah for the summer, we are back at it and I could not be happier.
This past weekend, we rented a Uhaul truck and loaded it with every Facebook marketplace find I could finagle and celebrated the Fourth of July with some construction and PBR.
The Uhaul rental was a brilliant idea by my assistant Jose, we were able to rent it in Denver and drop it off near the cabin which was really convenient. Naturally the drop off at the cabin was strange, and was located in a campground. You also can buy eggs at the tow truck shop, so I guess it is par for the course.
With the Uhaul we were able to take up the doorwall (or sliding glass door if you aren't from michigan), a washer/dryer combo, a vanity, a dresser, a nightstand, and most importantly our canoe!
![]() |
| full disclosure, I referred to that Panda as a racoon for the first full day... |
We didn't know we would be renting the Uhaul until a few days before the weekend, and decided to get a washer dryer while we had it on the fly while having lunch before we took off. If you've met me you know I like to squeeze about 1395905 tasks into any given day so our Friday went like this:
1am- Jose finally gets home after his flight was cancelled and he had to re-book (Fred and I do not wake up)
6am- I start work because some loon scheduled a webinar at 7am on a friggen Friday
11am- I log off for the day and we head to home depot to buy a vanity for the bathroom. They don't have the one I wanted so I pick out another one
12pm- Lunch with Jose's boss while I start thinking we need to also buy a washer/dryer and am texting with a lady about a dresser and nightstand
130pm-Load the canoe which was stored at Jose's office
2pm-Grab the dresser and nightstand, start texting with a guy about a used washer dryer he refurbished
3pm- Pick up the washer dryer from a sweet old man who has a pet turtle named sammy in his yard. He assures us it works fine. (It does not)
5pm-Friends show up at our house for drinks
This is how I like to spoil Jose after he has had a long week of work and stressful flight home. What a lucky guy.
The next morning we drove up to the cabin and unloaded the truck. We rented a dolly with the Uhaul and it was a real game changer. Hauling things into the cabin is never easy and I was dreading the washing machine, it was super easy with the dolly however and we were thrilled to have one, until we discovered the dryer doesn't work properly. I guess that is what you get when you buy a used washing machine from a turtle. We are pretty confident we can fix it, so no stress yet. By we, I of course mean jose will fix it.





Comments
Post a Comment