Garbage People
Jose and I are lucky enough to be a part of a few friend groups we refer to as garbage gangs. These are the people you see a few times a year and need a liver transplant after just two days together. You eat nothing but ranch dressing and PBR in each other's company and do shots like you were 21 again. I love these people. I thought of all these friends over the weekend when Jose and I took care of our second trash heap of the renovation.
With any construction project, there is a lot of garbage generated. I try to give away any old materials that are in good shape, but a lot of it is just junk. So we had a pretty good sized heap going...again.
We got a few beers in us and loaded the truck to go to the local dump and make the property look a little less methy. The dump in town is interesting, you drive in and this crazy hippie dude looks at your load and gives you a price. It is cash only and naturally Jose and I forgot the cash because beer so we drove 15 minutes back into town for the money (please note Jose was not drunk, that was my job as the passenger). During this detour a giant storm rolled in. The dump is not open Sundays, so we grabbed more beer and just went for it.
By the end of throwing all the crap into the trash compactor we were soaked and I was pretty drunk. It was honestly a lot of fun, and watching the old glass door crack into a million tiny pieces was weirdly beautiful. Instead of heading home we went to the closest bar in our wet clothes and warmed up, because that's what garbage people do.
Project notes-
Cost: $40
Drink of Choice: Jackson Hole IPA followed by Hot Toddies
Lessons Learned: Do not put small pieces on the bottom of your trash heap. It is much harder to load up.




It me. I am garbage people.
ReplyDeleteyes indeed. whoever you are.
Delete