Digging holes part two...

I was under the impression that we rented the dingo a few weeks back to avoid doing any digging ourselves... as usual, I was wrong. Jose and I are many things, but adults isn't always one of them. So we rented this dingo to dig holes (read about him here) but then forgot we had like two weeks where we would not be able to do any more work on the deck, so naturally a lot of dirt filled back into the holes. Cool, cool. 

So last week we got back at it and lined up a cement truck to come Friday morning. This meant we had to get our acts together with these holes on Thursday. I took some meetings from parking lots in Jose's truck, but for the most part we cleared dirt from the dingos holes and built forms using cement tubes and spare wood which would become the home for the concrete. Sounds easy, but it actually took about 11 hours, which is a long damn day doing prison work. Jose only gave me one snack break, so I was pretty grateful for the meetings I had to go into town for. 


Luckily we had lots of wood laying around that we were able to use to secure the tubes, but the tubes where the cement would be poured into we had to buy. These tubes are basically just giant wrapping paper centers, but Home Depot charges you 17 a pop for them, I wish I had saved mine from the holidays...


Luckily we only needed like 45 of them, so it was really affordable. All in all, it wasn't terrible except my Apple Watch claims I only did 13 minutes of exercise and burned 124 calories, what a mean thing to say to someone. 



Next step is the concrete pour! 

Project Notes

Lessons learned: rent the dingo directly before pouring the concrete, don't wait or your holes will fill in
Cost: like 20 of those wrapping paper things and one ruined manicure = about $400
Playlist: Classic rock
Drinks: I stayed sober for this one, since I had some actual work to do, but hit the High Noons hard that night

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Garbage People

We broke the budget

Da Beams