We framed a deck!

Sorry guys, I know I am behind on deck updates, but my job has been making me work more lately, which is annoying, but they are helping to fund this project and all...

Any way, following the big cement pour, we took a weekend off for shenanigan's, but then got right back to it. We had a ton of wood and the planks delivered last week, and this weekend we built a frame!

For a lot of the project, I just handed stuff to Jose which made me feel more like a dental hygienist than a construction chick, but once the frame got rolling I was given the job of working the screw gun and I put in all the brackets. I also carried all the boards that the lumber yard decided to leave at the road. 23 trips, 70ish pounds each. I definitely burned off my vodka this weekend!

I've been really proud of all our projects, but this one is the biggest and baddest yet, and I am really excited. Jose did an expert job of designing it and getting it put together so far.

Next up, we add blockers, and then we will start laying the trex down. That is if everything goes according to plan, and they don't catch us working without a permit (shhh!)









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Garbage People

We broke the budget

Da Beams