Same old house, different brown dog

Queen Elizabeth, or Pinterest, or someone else famous once said that grief is love with nowhere to go. Since my Fred left this earth I’ve felt that deep in my bones every single day. 



But now, just over one year later, I have somewhere for that love to go and the world feels right again. I will never stop missing Fred, but am so grateful that I can finally think of our sweet memories and smile (most of the time). 

On February 25, we brought Otis home. The very next weekend he visited Fred's retirement cabin for the first time, his first of many visits over his life. Otis is spunky and sweet and exactly what we needed. The cabin is truly a dog's paradise (I guess that makes me a dog too) and Otis is fitting right into the mountain pup ways. I am so excited for him to grow up there and hike with me and become his own adventure pup, just like his brother before him. Life is just better with a brown dog. 




To any of you out there who are grieving the loss of a person, a pet, or an anything else, I promise it will get better. And until it does I’m here for you. 

Also, sorry mom and dad I got a hand tat, everyone tells me that Fred would be happy for me to have finally found a new puppy, but I know that is a load of bullshit. Fred is livid that another dog has joined our family, so I decided I needed to do the ultimate gesture and get his name permanently placed somewhere I can see it all the time. Love you always sweet boy.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Garbage People

We broke the budget

Da Beams